September 6, 2019, 3 P.M.
We continue to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it moves along the coast of South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. We’ll post Ryder location closures, fuel, and important information here to keep you updated on the effects of the storm.
- North Charleston #554 - Closed
- Wilmington #521 - Open until 9 p.m.
- Greenville #917 - Closed
- Norfolk #426 - Closed
Florida & Georgia
- All locations open and have fuel
All other Ryder locations operating under regular business hours.
Important Phone Numbers:
U.S. 800-GoRyder (800-467-9337)
RyderGyde™ - Manage your Fleet Anytime, Anywhere
Find Ryder locations and see business information, schedule maintenance service, view real-time contracted fuel rates, rent Ryder vehicles, contact roadside assistance, and see upcoming appointments in one, easy?to?use application. Download RyderGyde today.
Follow these essential preparedness tips to maximize fleet uptime, keep your drivers safe, and avoid unnecessary fleet maintenance costs:
- Safety first: Inclement weather can add a lot of variables to driving conditions, but extra caution, alertness, and preparation can reduce the risk of possible collisions and/or mechanical failures. Simply increasing following distance or slowing down can ensure a safer trip.
- Reinforce driver training: Drivers should be well-informed about how to adjust their driving behaviors based on weather conditions. For example, in the event of low visibility conditions or having a warning light turn on, such as the engine regeneration light, it is crucial that a driver knows how to respond in order to ensure safety and maintain fleet uptime.
- Pack a kit: Drivers should keep an emergency supply of water, non-perishable food, extra clothes, and blankets in their vehicle at all times. You never know when you will encounter severe weather, experience a vehicle breakdown, or other emergency.